Introduction and FAQs
Blue Sombrero and Dick's Sporting Goods have produced a user-friendly, integrated database that allows us to register players and volunteers, build teams, and schedule our recreational games all within the same system.
Note: The links in the FAQs will take you to the online Blue Sombrero Parent FAQ page where you'll find screenshots and instructions for the most common questions.
- How do I register my child? - When creating your Blue Sombrero account you'll enter the Parent/Guardian information first, THEN add the participants/players. Once you add the participants to the account you will see all age/gender appropriate programs that are accepting registrations. IMPORTANT: Click on the "i" in the circle next to the program name to view the program description. This will tell you if the program is developmentally appropriate for your player. Also, please remember to register for ONLY ONE division within a program.
- The site says there are no available programs for my child - what do I do now? - If you don't see any available programs, first make sure you've added players into your account. If you still don't see any programs, check the date-of-birth for each player to make sure it is correct.
- What do I do if I have forgotten my username and/or password? Select the "Forgot your User Name or Password" button on the login screen. Please do not create an additional account.
- I'm having trouble with registration (I get an error message or the page won't load). What should I do? Chances are you need to clear out the cache in your internet browser (refresh). Once the system has completed this, you will most likely need to log back in to the website. If you were in the middle of a registration, you will be able to get the registration in your shopping cart (by clicking Go to Cart underneath the shopping cart picture) and pick up where you left off.
- The Checkout screen won't accept my credit card. Why? - First, please make sure you have entered in all required information for your credit card correctly (i.e. name, address, number, expiration date, etc.). Note: The name on your account must match the name that is tied with the credit card. Second, please make sure you have entered in your billing address as it appears in your credit card statement. Finally, Beach FC does not accept American Express; please try again using a different credit card.
- When creating a new account, I get a message saying my e-mail address is already in use. What should I do? - If you receive this message it is most likely because you registered for a summer program or Goalkeeper training. Use the "Forgot Password" feature to retrieve your login credentials.
- My child plays with an older age groups and the system will not allow me to sign for the older division. How do I sign my child up for the older group? - If the desired program is available please register in the age appropriate division and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to have your child transferred to the older division. If the desired program is not showing up, please email email@example.com to ask for your chld to be registered. An administrator will place the desired program in your shopping cart and you will access it there and complete the registration.
- How can I sign up to volunteer? - We LOVE volunteers!! Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Team Managers, etc. can fill out a volunteer registration form during the player registration process. If you need more information before you commit, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- How can I change my username or email address? You should first login to your account. Click on the Gear icon to change any Account Information such as email address, address, or telephone number. Unfortunately, usernames cannot be changed.
- Is my order complete? - You can make sure that your order is complete by logging into your account on your club's website and clicking on Order History from the My Orders tab. You can also check your email to see if you received an order confirmation email - this email is like a receipt. Your child is not considered registered until you have received an order confirmation email.
- How can I make a payment or pay off my entire installment balance? - To make a payment on an open balance, you will need to first log into the account in which your child was registered. Once you have accessed your account, look to the left hand side of your My Account screen and click My Orders. If you have an outstanding balance, you will see a Pay button. When you get to the payment screen, make sure your information matches the information on your credit card statement and enter the dollar amount that you would like to pay. Submit your payment. A payment confirmation email will be sent to the email address entered in your registration account.